Aviation English and ICAO Level 4
inlingua Cheltenham has provided Aviation English courses for Military and Civil personnel for many years. Aviation English is taught either as a complete course or part of a combination course. It can include General or Business English along with visits to Aeronautical establishments such as Gloucester, Bristol and Birmingham Airport and a number of Air Force bases in our area.
• Start on set dates – but we will offer on demand for one-to-one or groups, please contact us for more information
• Small class sizes: Maximum of 10 students per class
• Minimum level: Intermediate
• Minimum age: 18
• Timetable: Follows the structure of our LSP 30 course (09.00 – 15.00) Please note dates of Bank Holidays in the UK
During our Aviation English courses, you will expect to learn:
- General English communication skills in the context of aviation
- Understanding of aviation vocabulary & terminology for different specialisations
- Oral proficiency skills for routine & unusual ATC situations & aircraft emergencies
- Awareness of aviation context & environment
- Aircraft – types, structure and maintenance
- Airport – areas, layouts, equipment and planning
- Language of flying – communication in the air and on the ground
- Theory of flight
- Emergency situations
ICAO Operational Level 4
Since language standards for pilots and air traffic controllers have been in force by the International Civil Aviation Organisation in 2003, a minimum requirement has set a standard for personnel. No longer is it only a recommended practice to meet a minimum standard of ICAO level 4, but a requirement.
Following our long history of involvement and co-operation with the international civil aviation industry in the provision of English language training programmes, inlingua Cheltenham fully incorporate the new English language requirements in our course design and offer testing and assessment of civil aviation personnel according to the new approved ICAO Language Proficiency Rating Scale.
inlingua Cheltenham offer a series of short-course certificate programmes to work towards ICAO Operational Level 4 that meets the English language training requirements of international civil aviation and air traffic management personnel.
Individuals can join the set dates below, although we can offer this programme on demand to groups or indivduals on a one-to-one basis. Please contact us for further information.
|Level 1||Pre-elementary||Level 4||Operational|
|Level 2||Elementary||Level 5||Extended|
|Level 3||Pre-Operational||Level 6||Expert|
|Code||Start Dates||Weeks||Course cost|